Adoption@Heart understands that the adoption journey for both the child and their parents is a lifelong process that will often have many ups, downs and challenges along the way.
During stage 2 of the adoption process, you will be allocated your own adoption support worker who will support you through the linking, matching and placement of a child.
However, support for families continues to be available should you wish to access it after the legal part of your adoption journey ends and throughout your child’s life.
Below is a snapshot of the support services we provide:
- Monthly adopter’s support group
- Family fun days and social events that take place throughout the year
- Support with facilitating contact arrangements and letter box contact
- LGBT+ adopters can become individual members of New Family Social for free
- Assessment of adoption support needs
- Parenting support on adoption issues
- Adoption focussed parenting programmes
- Access to a range of therapeutic interventions including; Theraplay, DDP, Play Therapy
- Advice and consultation provided by the Adoption@Heart Clinical Psychologist and Therapist
- Life story work through training workshops and individual specialist therapist support
- Workshops to help you learn and use therapeutic play techniques
- Training on adoption issues such as parenting teenagers and talking to your child about adoption
If you would like more information, please email email@example.com or call us on 0800 073 0597.
Get the facts from us, contact us today or call us on 0800 073 0597.