Here at Adoption@Heart our children are looking for parents who can give them lots of individual time, understanding and on-going support. We are looking for a diverse section of the community, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race or faith.
Our children need parents who will help them know and value their birth history and be willing to have some form of on-going contact with the birth family. At first this sounds quite scary, but don’t worry. We will support you through the entire process and your privacy will always be maintained.
We ask that all adopters:
- must be willing to put the child and his/her needs first and foremost in all decisions affecting the child’s welfare.
- must be able to provide a loving, calm, emotionally stable environment for the child.
- must be healthy and fit enough to keep the child safe, care and play with the child as they grow and support them into adulthood.
- must be able to provide a stable, safe home with room for the child to play and sleep.
- must be willing to respect the child’s birth culture and family origins as an important part of the child’ identity, providing information to the child as he/she grows up to explain their early life.
- should be supported by family, friends or community who will welcome the child and support the adopter/s.
- must be financially able to provide for the child’s needs. If both parents work this includes one parent taking time from work in the first year to settle the child into the family.
- must be legally resident in the UK for 1 year before becoming an adoptive parent.
- must be over 21 years old.
- must have no convictions for sexual offences or crimes against children. This includes those sharing their home.
Get the facts from us, contact us today or call us on 01902 55 3818.