At adoption@heart we understand that when a child has a plan or is placed for adoption this can be very upsetting for the birth parents and other family members. In recognition of this we provide the following support for birth parents:
- Information about the adoption process and what is available to support you with this;
- Help you to provide special information for your child’s life story books;
- Support you with final contact visits with your children;
- Support you to meet with your child’s prospective adoptive parents;
- Counselling on a one to one or group basis;
- Help with direct and indirect contact arrangements.
Please contact the adoption support team to discuss accessing these services.